Enriching Lives through Online Training
From Issue: Wednesday, May 3, 2006
by Jason M. Gracia
While setting clearly defined goals is critical to living the life you want to live, lasting change requires something more than a specific [even scheduled] goal … what's the missing link?
That's right, the missing link is why you want the goal. Without a strong and persuasive 'why' behind each one of your goals you'll never achieve it.
How to Uncover Your Quality Reasons
Take one of your goals in mind and answer the following questions with as much detail and emotion as possible. Remember, the more powerful your reasons for wanting to achieve the goal, the more you'll be motivated to take action and get what you want.
1. What will achieving your goal do for you physically? Mentally? Emotionally? Financially? Spiritually?
2. What will you think of yourself years from now if you achieve your goal?
3. What will failing to achieve your goal cost you physically? Mentally? Emotionally? Financially? Spiritually?
4. How will failing to achieve your goal negatively affect your friends and family? What will it cost them in the long run?
5. What will you think of yourself years from now if you never achieve your goal?
This short list of questions should be enough to get you started on the right path. All of your goals require this type of questioning. Without it, you'll quickly let habit and routine run the show and fall far short of what is possible in your life.
TODAY IS THE DAY -- NOW IS THE TIME!
From Motivation123 Newsletter
Issue: December 22, 2005
While most people would shrug their shoulders about
unfulfilled dreams and tell themselves the next year will be
different, Ben knew better. He knew the truth, and the
truth was his gift.
At exactly 3:14 AM Ben discovered that his life would never
come close to the picture he had in his mind, never compare
to the level of happiness and joy he imagined, unless he did
something to make it happen.
An entire year had passed without a single positive change
taking place, and Ben knew that the terrifying cycle would
continue until the day he died - unless he did something
This fact holds true for you just as much as it did with
Ben. You will never create the life you desire if you don't
do something about it. Be careful not to gloss over this
idea. I want you to really think about looking back on your
life never having achieved the goals and dreams you now
desire. Imagine living your entire life far below what is
Let it sink in.
Life can be exactly as you want it, but it will never come
to be until you take action. The gift of truth is now yours
- use it to drive you toward a better, brighter future.